Expired or corrupted cookies or cached files in your browser or device can sometimes prevent you from accessing or properly loading a website, especially if you have recently updated your browser or if updates have recently been made to the website.
Please note: Removing cookies and clearing your cache may delete any searches, locations, and routes from your recent history on MapQuest.com.
Please continue reading for help clearing your cookies and cache in our fully supported web browsers...
Internet Explorer (versions 10 and 11):
- In the upper right corner of your Internet Explorer browser, click “Tools” (Cog-Wheel icon).
- Select “Internet Options” from the drop down menu.
- Click the Delete button under the Browsing History section.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, select “Cookies and website data.”
- Make sure no other categories are selected, unless you would like to delete information from these categories as well.
- Click “Delete.”
- Click “OK” to close the Internet Options window.
- Close and re-open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “History”
- Click “Clear browsing data..”
- Select to obliterate items from "the beginning of time"
- Select to clear "Cookies.." and "Cached images and files.." (only these options are recommended - clearing other items should not affect the way MapQuest.com loads)
- Click the "Clear browsing data" button to finish
- In the Tools drop-down menu, select “History”
- Click “Clear Recent History”
- Select "everything" from the "Time range to clear:" drop-down list
- Ensure the box next to Cookies is checked
- Un-check the boxes next to any other History/Saved Data options that you do not wish to clear
- Click the Clear Now button
- Refresh your page for the changes to take effect
- Click the Safari menu.
- Click “Preferences”
- Click “Privacy”
- Click “Remove All Website Data”
- Click “Remove Now”
- Close the Safari menu
- Close and re-open the Safari browser
If, after updating your browser and clearing your cookies and cache, you are still experiencing any problems loading MapQuest or any unwanted advertisements are interfering with MapQuest features, please click here or continue reading through this section...
You can also click here to get more familiar with the features on MapQuest.com by checking out our updated FAQs.